For reviews, please visit:
Mac Performance Guide
Hand-picked gear at low prices from our trusted vendor: B&H Photo/Video.
Thank you for buying equipment through these links— anything; just click through. We DO NOT GET CREDIT if you already have things in your cart or wishlist. Please click through, then add things to your shopping cart directly.
Price/stock info as of
Dec 09 03:18 GMT
Click through for most recentDigital camera storage
- Toshiba Exceria Pro CompactFlash 1066x UDMA Memory Card (RECOMMENDED) SEARCH
Supremely fast, my card of choice as of 2013.
- Lexar 1000X Compact Flash (FAST!) SEARCH
Lexar offers a wide variety of fast cards. The 1000X is very fast. Example.
- Lexar 64GB SDXC Memory Card Professional Class $99
Very fast and larger storage card. In the field, large enough that after downloading, no need to erase card, hence it serves as a backup until home.
- Lexar Compact Flash storage cards SEARCH
Lexar offers a wide variety of fast cards.
- Lexar SDHC/SDXC storage cards SEARCH
Lexar offers a wide variety of fast SDHC/SDXC cards.
- Lexar SDXC cards SEARCH
The 400X and 600X cards are very fast. Example.
- SanDisk 64GB SDXC Memory Card Extreme Pro $120
VERY FAST, exceptionally fast for writes. In the field, large enough that after downloading, no need to erase card, hence it serves as a backup until home.
- SanDisk Compact Flash storage cards SEARCH
SanDisk offers a wide variety of fast cards.
- SanDisk SDHC/SDXC storage cards SEARCH
SanDisk offers a wide variety of fast SDHC/SDXC cards.
- Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader (UDMA 7) $35
What I use.
- SanDisk ImageMate All-in-One USB 3.0 Reader / Writer $33
Get the contents of digital camera cards into the computer.
- Hoodman Hoodman HoodLoupe Professional LCD Screen Loupe for 3" Displays $80
Essential for viewing in bright light and for presbyopia.
- Impact Impact Collapsible Reflector Kit $95
See review of the Impact Collapsible Reflector Kit.
- Manfrotto Manfrotto 2-Axis Flash Hot Shoe Double Bubble Level $37
Keep things level.
- Nikon Lens Caps (front) for all brands SEARCH
Recommended for ALL brands— Nikon, Canon, Zeiss because Nikon caps are easiest to operate.
- OpTech OpTech ProLoop strap for cameras SEARCH
Make your neck happy, especially with DSLRs. What I use.
- Vello Vello Wireless Shutterboss Remote With Timers SEARCH
See review of the Vello Shutterboss.
- Zacuto Zacuto accesories for video and stills. SEARCH
Must-have items for serious shooters.
- Zeiss Lens cleaning kits, cloths, fluid. SEARCH
What I use.
- LensAlign LensAlign MkII Focus Calibration System $80
Adjust for autofocus system inaccuracy.
- Acratech Acratech Ballheads SEARCH
Elegantly designed top-quality ballheads, light weight and sturdy, laser engraved markings, satin black anodized finish. Great choice! See the review of the Acratech GP ballheads.
- Arca Swiss Arca-Swiss C1 Cube Geared Head $1,699
My preferred tripod head. Superbly efficient for careful field work. Replace the clamp with a Really Right Stuff screw-clamp. See review.