Why pay top dollar if you only need one or two focal lengths and quality is similar? That’s the question I set out to answer for this review with the following Canon EF prime (fixed focal length) lenses:
- Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM, about $469;
- Canon EF 24mm f/2.8, about $339;
- Canon EF 28mm f/2.8, about $259;
- Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM, about $459;
- Canon EF 35mm f/2, about $329.
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM , about $1369.
Article continues for subscribers...
If you’re already a subscriber, CLICK HERE TO LOG IN
diglloyd Advanced Photography includes hundreds of pages of exclusive coverage and high resolution, Retina-grade example pictures detailing Canon and Nikon DSLR bodies and their lenses, with in-depth analysis of sharpness and contrast, color, bokeh, vignetting, distortion, MTF, and flare. Also included is a wealth of in-context technique and workflow insight. Since 2006, diglloyd Advanced Photography is the authoritative review and on-line reference for discerning Canon and Nikon shooters. Subscriptions cost $ per year.