NEC PA322UHD Overview
The NEC PA322UHD offers 3840 X 2160 UltraHD 4K resolution in a 32-inch form factor using an IGZO technology IPS type LCD panel. It is aimed at professional color-critical users, and the 4 year with 48 hour advanced exchange warranty supports that target market.
True calibration is available with the SpectraView II software, which is included with the measurement device in the BK-SV model.
As a 32-inch display, the pixel density is much friendlier to the eye in terms of making fine detail judgments, as compared to a 24-inch or 27/28-inch 4K display.
4K UHD at 3840 X 2160 s 8.3 megapixels on screen, or more than what most digital cameras offered not so long ago, and most of what many digital cameras offer even in late 2014 (e.g., ~16 megapixel digital cameras like Fujifilm X or Ricoh GR or Leica X2).
The NEC EA244UHD UltraHD 4K display is a sumptuous visual treat for UltraHD 4K video and true high-res images*, far and away the most enjoyable viewing experience your author has experienced as of mid 2014.
8.3 million pixels is a jaw-dropping and intensely enjoyable experience for detailed images. The only downside as with all 4K displays is an aspect ratio of 1.78:1 (more like 1.8 or 1.9:1 with menu bar and window), which doesn’t allow conventional 3:2 or 4:3 images to fit their full height and full width at the same time.
* For over a year now, the diglloyd publications have provided UltraHD examples and UltraHD aperture series. These images viewed in 4K UltraHD on the NEC EA244UHD are enthralling for their never-before-seen detail available at a glance without scrolling. It is a whole new visual experience bettering even the 2880 X 1600 experience of the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
As per NEC.
The ultimate in reliable, accurate color.
The 32” MultiSync PA322UHD is the benchmark desktop display for color accurate work, from photography to pre-press to videography.
Featuring a UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) IGZO technology IPS-type panel with wide gamut white LED backlight, this display provides 99.2% coverage of the Adobe RGB color space while consuming less power than comparable displays.
Packed with features and backed by a 4 year warranty with Advanced Exchange, the MultiSync PA322UHD will reliably deliver high quality, accurate images simply and beautifully.
- Superior screen performance (1000:1 contrast ratio, 3840x2160 UHD native resolution, 350cd/m2 brightness)
- 14-bit 3D internal programmable lookup tables (LUTs) for calibration
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture modes increase productivity by displaying two or four sources simultaneously
- MultiProfiler™ software provides complete control over the five picture modes, including the loading of any ICC profile directly into the monitor for optimal color space matching
- DisplaySync ProTM controls two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
Wide connectivity includes two DisplayPort with 10-bit support, four 10-bit HDMI, two DVI-D inputs as well as a USB hub
- NaViSet Administrator 2: Free software solution that greatly eases administration and management of larger display device installations
- Available with SpectraViewII Color Calibration Kit (PA322UHD-BK-SV)
|Panel Technology||IGZO technology IPS type LCD|
|Viewable Image Size||31.5"|
|Native Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Pixels Per Inch||140@ native resolution|
|Contrast Ratio (typical)||10000:1|
|Viewing Angle (typical)||176° Vert., 176° Hor. (88U/88D/88L/88R) @ CR>10|
|Adobe RGB Coverage/Size||99.2% / 101.0%|
|NTSC Coverage/Size||92.4% / 96.5%|
|sRGB Coverage/Size||136.3% / 99.9%|
|Lookup Table||14-bit (3D)|
|Displayable Colors||1.07 billion out of 4.3 trillion|
|Horizontal (Analog/Digital)||31.5-133.2 and 236.7 kHz (Digital only)|
|Vertical||24 - 87 Hz, 120 some modes|
|Input Connectors:||DisplayPort, DisplayPort OPS, 2x HDMI, 2x HDMI / 2x DVI-D Dual Link, USB 3.0 hub (2 up/ 3 down) with DisplaySync Pro|
|Power Consumption (typical):||95W (on), 4.6W (Power Savings Mode)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD) with stand:||29.3 x 18.4 x 11.9 in. / 745 x 469 x 302 mm (with stand)
29.3 x 17.4 x 3.9 in. / 744.8 x 440.8 x 100.0 mm (without stand)
|Net Weight||45.2 lbs. / 20.5 kg (with stand), 31.3 lbs. / 14.2 kg (without stand)|
|VESA Hole Configuration Specifications||100 x 100mm, 200 x 100mm|
|Operating:||Operating Temperature 41-95°F / 5-35°C
Operating Humidity 30-80%
Operating Altitude 16,404 ft. / 5000m
Storage Temperature 14-140°F / -10-60°C
Storage Humidity 10-85%
Storage Altitude 40,000 ft. / 12,192m
|Limited Warranty (parts & labor, including backlight):||4 years with 48 hour advanced exchange|
|Additional features:||MultiProfiler software
OPS-compatible option slot
Carbon footprint meter
Height-adjustable stand with locking base
Quick release stand
OSD user controls
USB 3.0 hub (2 up/3 down) with DisplaySync Pro
14-bit 3D LUT
Digital Uniformity Correction
Black Level adjustment
Wide Color Gamut
GammaComp MD QA software
Standalone hardware calibration
|Ships with:||Power cable
Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable
USB 3.0 A to B cable
SVIISOFT SpectraView software
MDSVSENSOR3 color calibration sensor
|Optional hood:||Hood (HDPA32)|