Mac or PC.
Ideal for Lightroom, Photoshop, video.
Capacity up to 16TB!
Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 Distagon Overview
Related: focusing, Zeiss, Zeiss Distagon, Zeiss Touit, Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8, ZeissTouit
The Zeiss Touit lenses for Sony NEX and Fuji X are reviewed in depth in Guide to Mirrorless.
The Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 Distagon is a very high performance extreme wide angle lens for Sony NEX or Fuji X with a field of view equivalent to an 18mm lens on a full frame camera.
Available in Sony NEX or Fuji X mount.
As far as the eye can see—
With an angle of view of 99 degrees, the Touit 2.8/12 wide-angle lens will soon become a firm favourite, particularly for landscapes and architectural photography.
Its unique T* multicoating guarantees maximum transmission and outstanding absorption of extraneous light. The result: breathtaking image quality from edge to edge and corner to corner of the entire image field.
What’s more, all moving parts of the Touit 2.8/12, conceived specifically for Sony NEX and Fujifilm X Series cameras, are engineered for extreme precision and a long working life. And finally, its strong and rigid metal bayonet mount makes it an absolutely dependable companion for many years to come.
- Almost circular aperture with 9 blades, for especially harmonious rendition of highlights outside of the focal plane.
- Lens hood seamlessly integrated into the overall design.
- Metal bayonet mount guarantees extreme rigidity and rubberized setting rings enable precise manual control when needed.
- Aspherical lens design ensures consistent imaging performance throughout the entire focusing range as well as sharpness to the periphery of the image.
- Latest floating element design principles. Optical aberration effects in ZEISS lenses are reduced to a minimum throughout their entire focusing range, achieved by variation of the axial distance between individual lens elements or groups. This adjustment of the lens-to-lens distance is coupled to the distance setting to ensure correct compensation at all times. The mechanical construction of these lenses is extremely complex and they must be assembled with utmost precision.
- Various, elaborate techniques to reduce unwanted stray light.
In a break with tradition, MTF charts are not provided with the Zeiss Touit line, unfortunate in my view.
|Aperture scale:||f/2.8 - f/22|
|Focusing range:||0.18m / 0.59 ft - ∞|
|Free working distance:||0,10 m (0.33 ft) – ∞|
|Angular field, diag./horiz.||99° / 89° / 66°|
|Coverage at close range:||1:9
220 x 144 mm
8.66 x 5.67 in
|Number of elements/groups:||11 elements in 8 groups|
|Entrance pupil position ( in front of image plane):||61.6 mm|
|Flange focal distance:||E-mount: 18,0 mm (0.71′′)
X-mount: 17,7 mm (0.70′′)
|Rotation angle of focusing ring||270°|
|Filter thread:||M67 x 0,75|
|Weight (nominal):||E: 260 g (0.57 lbs)
X: 270 g (0.60 lbs)
|Dimensions (with caps):||E: 81 mm (3.19″)
X: 86 mm (3.39″)
|Camera mount:||Sony E-Mount
Note the emphasis on digital friendly ray angle. Chief ray angle is serious issue with rangefinder lenses adapted to Sony NEX or Fuji X.
With two aspheric elements and three elements made of special glass types along with floating element, this ought to be a very high performer.
Up to 65% better pricing than Apple
Lloyd recommends 32GB RDIMM modules for most users (more expensive LRDIMMS are for 512GB or more).
Eight-bay Thunderbolt 3 high-performance storage for photo and video.
Hard drives or SSDs.
Non-RAID or RAID-0/1/4/5/10.
Capacities up to 128 Terabytes!
Blazingly fast Thunderbolt 3 SSD!
Up to 4TB capacity, USB-C compatible.
USB-C model also available