Digital capture technology is discrete, and not the same as film..
Scroll down to see all publications and blog posts. Not all pages are curated—search.
Newest blog posts
Most recent pages at other diglloyd sites:
See also 4 pages at macperformanceguide.com
2011-03-09 Image Scaling With PhotoZoom Pro
An introduction to digital workflow and best practices. .
Evaluating Multi-Shot High-Res Mode..
Premium fast normal lens for L-Mount..
Fast apochromatic prime lens for L-Mount cameras..
Ultra wide angle premium zoom lens relying on distortion correction..
36 megapixels in a compact full-frame DSLR..
How does video quality compare with crop of mid-2012 DSLRs?.
D850 with the RGB Bayer matrix removed for a true monochrome sensor..
50 megapixel successor to the 22 megapixel Canon 5D Mark III..
- RAW vs mRAW and sRAW: Camera Cropping and Downsampling and File Size
- RAW vs mRAW: Sharpness, Tone, Color
- RAW vs sRAW: Sharpness, Tone, Color
- Sharpness: 5DS R vs 5DS vs 5D Mark III (Zeiss Siemens Chart)
- Noise at ISO 100, Native Resolution and at Canon 5DM3 Resolution (Dolls)
- ISO Series from 50 to 12,800 in Color and Black and White (Cabin Interior)
- Canon 5DS R Noise vs Canon 5D Mark III (Fruit)
- Monochrome Potential, thoughts vs Leica MM246 (Dolls)
The 24.6 megapixel Sony A900 digital SLR is compared with Canon’ top-of-the-line 21.1MP EOS 1Ds Mark III. A field report including two comparisons with the Canon 1Ds Mark IIII, example images in color and black and white, and the Zeiss ZA 135mm f/1.8 Sonnar. Anti-Shake (SteadyShot) is assessed, as is noise behavior..
Includes: D3x resolution comparisons (res chart) with Nikon D3, Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III, resolution comparison on outdoor shot with Nikon D3, large examples, large wildlife examples, Nikon 200mm f/2 VR on D3x, long exposure noise ISO series, D3x sensitivity on diffraction, D3x dynamic range at ISO 100 vs ISO 50, D3x vs D3 color and noise..
Noise performance of early 2009’ premier digital SLRs. ISOs from 50 through 25600, dark area noise, noise reduction effects, noise versus resolution. Can more smaller pixels beat fewer large ones?.
Extraordinary optical efforts for outstanding performance..
Articles written for MediumFormat.com..
Is 100 better than 45/50/60 megapixels?.
- SHOOTOUT: Fujifilm GF 23mm f/4 on GFX100S vs Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM on Sony A1
- SHOOTOUT: Fujifilm GFX100S vs Sony A1: Deck and Roof
- SHOOTOUT @ 43mm/35mm: Fujifilm GFX100S vs Sony A7R V Pixel Shift: Huge Laurel at Bend in Alpine Creek
- SHOOTOUT: Fujifilm GFX100S vs Leica SL2 + Leica SL 50/2 APO: Deck and Roof
Aspects of image quality..
Compact wide angle.
A variety of 645 lens tests on the 645D.
Lens performance at 80 megapixels..
Highest performing 35mm from Zeiss ever..
Tips for getting the most out of diglloyd publications..
5th Generation standard-setting camera..
4th Generation standard-setting camera..
Attention to details: a big upgrade over the A7R..
Full frame compact mirrorless with interchangeable lenses..
Vibration from the shutter highly damaging to image sharpness..
Native-mount ultra wide angle high performance zoom for mirrorless..
Ultra high grade performer at a modest price..
Diminutive full-frame camera with 35mm f/2 fixed lens..
Stunningly high image quality in a 20MP point and shoot tiny camera..
Updated model with HighRes sensor shift mode..
Flagship model for 2017..
24 or 16 megapixels in a compact body with APS-C sensor..
Outstanding wide angle, superb performer..
Leica M 60 Megapixels..
Relative sharpness and performance across cameras..
Relative sharpness and performance vs APS-C cameras..
Field shooting the Leica MM, and comparisons..
Leica’s ultra wide angle zoom lens..
Blog posts, reverse chronological
2014-11-02 Photoshop and GPU: Blurry Image Scaling
2012-02-09 Downsampling and Pixel Binning