Sharpness loss by camera or support or technique..
Scroll down to see all publications and blog posts. Not all pages are curated—search.
Newest blog posts
Pages at other diglloyd sites:
See also 1 pages at macperformanceguide.com
See also 20 pages at windinmyface.com
Research into sharpness of handheld images with and without image stabilization.
36 megapixels in a compact full-frame DSLR..
Nikon’s finest 70-200 zoom as of 2017..
- Overview of Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
- Aperture Series @ 70mm: Mosaic (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 70mm: Tailings Piles (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 75mm: American Hotel, Cerro Gordo (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 95mm: Tailings Piles (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 120mm: Yellow Bike at Night (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 130mm: Mosaic (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 135mm: 'The Claw' Fountain at Night (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 135mm: White Truck at Night (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 135mm: Rodin Burghers of Calais (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 150mm: Cala Lillies (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 160mm: Penetrating Power at Night, Tower (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 165mm: Bikes at Night (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 170mm: Mosaic (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series @ 180mm: Rush Creek Waterfall (Nikon D810)
- Focus Shift @ 200mm at Close Range
- Nikon D810 Autofocus Compensation for Focus Shift
- vs Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art (White Flowers, Nikon D810)
- vs Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art (Cerro Gordo Bunkhouse, Nikon D810)
Which speed zoom for the Nikon D800/D800E?.
The 24.6 megapixel Sony A900 digital SLR is compared with Canon’ top-of-the-line 21.1MP EOS 1Ds Mark III. A field report including two comparisons with the Canon 1Ds Mark IIII, example images in color and black and white, and the Zeiss ZA 135mm f/1.8 Sonnar. Anti-Shake (SteadyShot) is assessed, as is noise behavior..
Ultra fast 200mm with gorgeous bokeh and high resolving power..
Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS .
Tamron’s ultra wide to medium fast zoom..
Fastest 135mm lens yet, with ultra high performance..
Sigma’s fast telephoto APO macro lenses..
Nikon’s latest wide range zoom with vibration reduction and fixed f/4 aperture..
Versatile image-stabilized mid-range zoom..
Versatile autofocus wide angle..
State of the art design in a fast 85mm lens..
Compact and lightweight travel-friendly telephoto..
Relatively compact super-telephoto zoom..
Comparing Nikon 16-35mm f/4 VR, 17-35mm f/2.8, 14-24mm f/2.8, 18-35mm, 24-70mm f/2.8 along with Nikon 20mm f/3.5, 24mm f/2, 28mm f/2, 35mm f/1.4 AIS, and more..
- Overview of Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR
- Distortion of Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR
- Vignetting of Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR
- Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR— Crops at 18mm
- Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR— Crops at 21mm
- Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR— Crops at 24mm
- Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR— Crops at 28mm
- Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR— Crops at 35mm
- Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR— Conclusions
A review of Canon’s 800m f/5.6L IS super telephoto, with high performance that demands technical mastery to use well..
Brilliant imaging, even wide open, but with a few quirks. (Review in progress) .
An artist’s drawing tool..
Balance and poise..
King of bokeh! Corner-to-corner sharpness, world class..
Beautiful bokeh, razor sharp, superb color correction..
What to look for in a binocular, plus reviews..
Blurry lenses right out of the box..
Setup, IBIS performance, focusing..
Blackout-free 20 fps speed demon..
Attention to details: a big upgrade over the A7R..
Sensor stabilized 24MP full-frame..
Compact normal lens for full-frame Sony mirrorless..
Razor sharp medium telephoto with apodization filter..
Comapact ultra-wide zoom for Sony full frame mirrorless..
Premiere telephoto zoom for Sony full frame mirrorless.
Compact long range telephoto zoom for Sony full frame mirrorless.
A macro lens with high performance..
Superb ergonomic design in a compact camera..
Autofocus portrait lens for Sony full-frame mirrorless..
World’s best mid-range telephoto lens..
Blog posts, reverse chronological
2016-10-19 Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
2016-06-01 Reviewed: Nikon AF-S 200mm f/2G ED VR II
2016-05-09 Nikon 200mm f/2 VR: Examples at the Zoo
2016-05-05 Shipping: Sony FE 70-300mm f/4.5-56 G OSS
2016-03-31 Sony FE 70-300mm f/4.5-56 G OSS
2016-02-03 Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS
2015-05-11 Nikon AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR
2015-04-01 Beware of Image Stabilization on a Tripod
2014-11-21 Sony Image Stabilization
2013-03-22 Nikon AF-S 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 ED VR
2012-12-11 Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Distortion
2012-12-10 Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Testing Comments
2012-12-08 Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR: More Examples
2012-12-07 Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Examples
2012-12-05 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/4G VR
2012-12-04 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/4G VR
2012-11-09 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
2012-10-15 An Open Letter to Sigma on the DP1 Merrill
2012-07-11 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Image 5-axis Stabilization
2010-11-29 Reviewed: Nikon AF-S 24-120mm f/4G VR
2010-11-25 Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II sharpness
2010-11-13 Nikon 24-120mm f/4G VR comments
2010-11-07 Nikon 24-120mm f/4G VR comments
2010-05-01 Update: Nikon AF-S 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
2010-04-29 Reviewed: Nikon AF-S 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
2010-03-25 New Nikon 300mm f/2.8G VR II
2010-03-10 Nikon 16-35mm f/4 VR comparison
2010-02-19 Order the Nikon AF-S 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
2010-02-09 Nikon’s new AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
2009-12-28 Nikon 70-200/2.8G VR II flare examples
2009-12-27 Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II — flare
2009-12-26 Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II good sample
2009-12-23 New sample of Nikon 70-200/2.8G VR II
2009-12-15 Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II review updated
2009-12-10 Nikon 70-200/2.8G VR II bad sample
2009-12-07 Nikon 70-200/2.8 VR II examples
2009-12-05 Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
2009-12-03 Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II in progress
2009-11-25 New Nikon 70-200 VR II coming
2009-10-25 Nikon AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 IF-ED
2009-08-02 New AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
2009-01-05 How to carry a Nikon 200mm f/2 VR
2008-10-15 Nikon 70-200 VR sharpness workaround
2008-09-03 Nikon 70-200VR Special Report
2008-08-24 Nikon 70-200 VR corner mush in the corners
2008-04-17 Nikon 70-200/2.8 VR on Nikon D3
2007-08-02 Apple TV and Motorola DVR power usage