Blur from optical behavior or subject-related issue..
Scroll down to see all publications and blog posts. Not all pages are curated—search.
Newest blog posts
Pages at other diglloyd sites:
See also 10 pages at macperformanceguide.com
See also 7 pages at windinmyface.com
2018-04-29 Cycling Hancock Summit in Western Nevada
2018-01-23 Phase 2: Inverter Mounting Locations
2017-11-27 Time Machine and APFS: Local Backups
Digital capture technology is discrete, and not the same as film..
Evenness of illumination, color shading, digital sensor effects, ray angle..
Making image captures look sharp..
How to choose a camera, lenses, and the other stuff that’s worthwhile..
Working with Photoshop for raw conversion and more. .
Focusing is more complicated than it first appears..
Controlling the zone of sharp detail..
- Circle Of Confusion
- What are F-stop and T-stop?
- Format-Equivalent Depth of Field and F-Stop
- Case Study: Format-Equivalent F-Stop: Micro Four Thirds vs 35mm Full Frame (Pellegrino)
- Case Study: Format-Equivalent F-Stop: APS-C vs 35mm Full Frame (Pellegrino)
- Depth of Field at the Periphery
- Delay in Depth of Field by Double Image Bokeh
- Example: Sensor Size and Focal Length (Bottles)
Understanding resolution and contrast graphs..
Understanding the various optical aberrations and behaviors..
Evenness of illumination across the frame and related effects..
Diffuse haze at wide apertures..
Understanding lateral chromatic aberration (color fringing)..
Understanding Longitudinal (Axial) chromatic aberration (LOCA)..
- Longitudinal Chromatic Aberration (LOCA / Violet Fringing)
- Examples of Violet Fringing from Longitudinal Chromatic Aberration (LOCA)
- Violet Fringing Case Study (LOCA with Zeiss Otus vs Others)
- Violet Fringing Case Study (LOCA with Zeiss 85mm and Leica 90mm)
- Correcting Longitudinal Chromatic Aberration During RAW Conversion
Secondary Longitudinal Chromatic Aberration (SLOCA)..
How to verify a good sample and assess all aspects of lens performance..
High-resolution L-mount full-frame from Panasonic..
All-arounder entry-level mid-range zoom for L-Mount..
Premium fast normal lens for L-Mount..
Fast apochromatic prime lens for L-Mount cameras..
Fast short telephoto lens for L-Mount cameras..
Fast short telephoto lens for L-Mount cameras..
Leica’s offerings in L-mount..
Ultra wide angle premium zoom lens relying on distortion correction..
- MTF for Leica 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Super-Vario-Elmar-SL ASPH
- Distortion @ 16mm for Leica 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Super-Vario-Elmar-SL ASPH
- Distortion @ 21mm for Leica 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Super-Vario-Elmar-SL ASPH
- Distortion @ 25mm for Leica 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Super-Vario-Elmar-SL ASPH
- Distortion @ 28mm for Leica 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Super-Vario-Elmar-SL ASPH
- Distortion @ 35mm for Leica 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Super-Vario-Elmar-SL ASPH
All-arounder zoom with dubious optical compromises..
36 megapixels in a compact full-frame DSLR..
50 megapixel successor to the 22 megapixel Canon 5D Mark III..
Which speed zoom for the Nikon D800/D800E?.
Nikon’s bread and butter telephoto zoom.
In-depth review of the Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II including flare, distortion, field curvature, resolution charts, numerous field examples and comparison to the Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G. The Canon EF 14/2.8L II is a superb lens, but with some peculiarities which may enhance or degrade its appeal for different uses. The review is as much a “user guide” as a review; even if you use this lens it’s well worth your time to read this review..
Medium telephoto with world-class chromatic correction..
Telephoto with world-class chromatic correction..
Ultra wide angle tilt shift with tremendous versatility.
Normal lens with tilt/shift.
Medium telephoto tilt/shift lens.
Ultra wide tilt/shift lens.
[Archive] In-depth review on the Nikon D2x of the Nikon 28mm f/3.5 PC-Nikkor, Nikon 28mm f/4 PC-Nikkor and the Schneider 28mm f/2.8 PC-Super-Angulon. Flare, distortion, color fringing, color rendition, sharpness, ergonomics, aligmnent, sample variation..
Escape the banale postcard look by shooting landscapes at f/1.4 or f/0.95..
Full frame ultra wide angle zoom..
Full frame slightly wide normal lens, pancake form factor..
APS-C moderate telephoto equivalent to 105mm on full-frame..
Canon’s compact high-performance 24mm prime..
Canon’s tiny and lovely pancake lens..
Is Canon’s f/1.2 lens really better than an inexpensive f/1.4 or f/1.8?.
Canon’s best-ever medium telephoto and with image stabilization..
Do Canon’s 1.4X and 2X version III tele extenders offer image quality at reasonable apertures?.
Canon’s image stabilized 35mm..
Mid-range optimized groundbreaking f/2 zoom..
A whopping 4/3 stop faster than other lenses in its range..
The fastest extreme wide angle yet..
Sigma’s fast high performance wide angle..
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Vignetting for Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Distortion for Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Aperture Series: Glistening Rocks and Running Water (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series: Water Wears Its Way (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series: Huge Barn Interior (Nikon D810)
- Shootout: Sigma 24/1.4 Art vs Nikon AF-S 24/1.4G (Dolls, NikonD810)
Extraordinary optical efforts for outstanding performance..
Sigma’s fast and affordable moderate excellent wide angle..
Extraordinary optical efforts for outstanding performance..
Sigma’s fast high performance normal lens..
Sigma’s best portrait lens..
Extraordinary optical efforts for class-leading performance?.
Fastest 135mm lens yet, with ultra high performance..
Sigma’s fast telephoto APO macro lenses..
Wide angle tilt/shift lens at 28mm..
The Sigma 50mm f/1.4 is a worthy contender in the crowded 50mm area. See how it performs compared to the Canon EF 50/1.4 and EF 50/1.2L..
Explores options for 180mm lenses on the Nikon D3x, including the Leica 180/2.8 APO-Elmarit-R in Nikon mount, Nikon 180/2.8 ED, Nikon 70-200/2.8 VR, Nikon 70-300/4.5-5.6 VR, and Tamron 70-200/2.8. Updated: now includes the Voigtlander 180/4 APO!.
Nikon’s latest wide range zoom with vibration reduction and fixed f/4 aperture..
Nikon’s classic-design manual focus moderate wide angle..
Nikon’s latest 50mm lens compared with the Zeiss ZF 50/1.4, Nikon 50/1.4D and Sigma 50/1.4..
Nikon’s High Performance Moderately-Priced 50mm..
Nikon’s High performance normal lens.
- Distortion Examples: Uncorrected vs Corrected
- Close Range Comparison vs NOCT-Nikkor (D800E, Bathroom)
- Shootout: 58/1.4G vs 50/1.4G, 50/1.8G, 50/1.2 AIS (D800E, Beaver Dam)
- Matched Comparison vs 50/1.4G (D800E, Beaver Dam)
- Aperture Series: Boulder Logjam (D800E)
- Aperture Series: DeChambeau Ranch Outbuilding (D800E)
State of the art design in a fast ultra wide angle lens..
Nikon’s workhorse 200mm macro lens, and not just sharp at close-ups!.
Nikon’s fast ultra wide angle..
Versatile autofocus wide angle..
State of the art design in a fast 24mm lens. Includes full-resolution images at f/1.4..
An ultra-fast older design still offers appeal on modern digital..
Comparing the new Nikon 60mm to its predecessors, and the Coastal Optics 60/4 APO..
A superlative multi-spectral lens with perfect color correction..
Extreme wide angle zoom..
Canon’s premium mid-range zooms..
A fast moderate wide angle lens with some practical difficulties..
State of the art design in a fast 35mm lens..
Relatively inexpensive alternative to the pro 35/1.4G..
State of the art design in a fast 85mm lens..
Nikon’s best-ever f/1.4 lens?.
Compact and lightweight travel-friendly telephoto..
Comparing Nikon 16-35mm f/4 VR, 17-35mm f/2.8, 14-24mm f/2.8, 18-35mm, 24-70mm f/2.8 along with Nikon 20mm f/3.5, 24mm f/2, 28mm f/2, 35mm f/1.4 AIS, and more..
- Personal Usage Notes and Reactions
- Correcting Distortion in Software
- Distortion at 16mm
- Distortion at 17mm
- Distortion at 21mm
- Distortion at 24mm
- Distortion at 28mm
- Distortion at 35mm
- Vignetting at 16mm
- Vignetting at 17mm
- Vignetting at 21mm
- Vignetting at 24mm
- Vignetting at 28mm
- Vignetting at 35mm
- Distortion of Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR
- Vignetting of Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 vs Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR
A review of Canon’s new 100-400mm zoom.
Comparing the 16-35mm f/2.8L II to most of Canon’s wide angle prime lenses. Optical performance, ergonomics, focus, build quality..
Comparing the Canon 17-40mm f/4L and 16-35mm f/2.L II..
Exploring the 16mm fisheye for landscape photography, and correcting fisheye distortion..
Nikon’s ultra wide angle zoom and the Nikon 14mm f/2.8, critical focus shift behavior..
Medium format Zeiss glass in Hartblei precision tilt/shift lens barrels!.
Perspective control for architecture or landscape as an alternative to Nikon and Canon brand name offerings..
Fujifilm skips full-frame to go from APS-C to to medium format..
Ultra wide angle equivalent to 19mm f/3.3. .
Standard normal lens equivalent to 52mm f/2.3..
Telephoto equivalent to 200mm lens. .
Mirrorless large format with leaf shutter lenses..
Medium format telephoto lens, 74mm equivalent..
50-Megapixel Medium Format DSLR with Live View.
Moderate wide angle lens for Pentax 645..
How does Hasselblad’s 3rd generation medium format entry measure up?.
Lens performance at 80 megapixels..
How does Leica’s medium format entry measure up in ergonomics, image quality, etc?.
Examples and comparison from the various lenses.
Lenses for the Leica S2 (original Leica S2 material).
Extreme wide angle with ultra high performance..
All-arounder zoom for Leica S.
Moderate wide angle with low distortion..
Visible spectrum, cameras, color space, infrared vs. color & examples..
Milvus garb for the venerable 15/2.8 Distagon, with improved lens coating..
An outstanding 18mm design..
The classic 21/2.8 Distagon improved..
Highest performing 25mm from Zeiss ever..
Highest performing 35mm from Zeiss ever..
Classic design in the latest Milvus build..
Outstanding build and optical quality in a normal lens..
The classic 50/2 Makro-Planar improved..
Outstanding build and optical quality in a medium tele..
The classic 100/2 Makro-Planar improved..
An Otus, in effect. Milvus garb for the 135/2 APO, with improved lens coatings on one element. See the ZF.2/ZE 135/2 review pages..
Sharpness and rendering..
Ultra high performance in an extreme wild wide angle lens..
A brilliant, but also colorful character..
Brilliant imaging, even wide open, but with a few quirks. (Review in progress) .
- 21/2.8 Distagon Main Page
- Distortion vs Nikon 14-24/2.8G
- Field Illumination (Vignetting) and Off-Center Color Balance
- Examples ZE/Canon NYC
- Rendering Style at f/2.8, f/4, f/8: Aspen Thicket
- Aperture Series: Pine Creek Tungsten Mine Buildings / Waterfall (Nikon D800E)
- Aperture Series: Eroding Ancient Bristlecone Pine (Nikon D800E)
- vs Canon 16-35/2.8L II
- vs Nikon 14-24/2.8G
Ultra high performance with a fast aperture..
- 25/2 Vignetting
- Examples (Yosemite, White Mountains)
- Aperture Series: Backlit Bristlecone (Nikon D800E)
- Compared: 25/2 vs 25/2.8 (Bristlecone View of White Mountain Peak, Nikon D800E)
- Comparison: 25/2 Distagon vs Canon 24mm ƒ/1.4L II (Creek)
- Comparison: 25/2 Distagon vs Nikon 24/1.4G (Tile Roofs)
- Comparison: 25/2 Distagon vs 25/2.8 Distagon, Nikon 24/1.4G (Water Tanks)
A gem with unusual close-focus..
An artist’s drawing tool..
- Examples — Miscellaneous
- Examples — Environmental Portraits
- Comparison—Nikon D3
- 28/2 Distagon vs Nikon 24-70/2.8G, Nikon 16-35/4G VR, Nikon 28/2
- 28/2 Distagon vs Voigtlander Color Skopar 28/2.8 SL II, Nikon 28/2 AIS, Nikon AF-S 28/1.8G
- Aperture Series: Lundy Canyon Beaver Dam (Nikon D800E)
- Aperture Series: Creekside Yellow Flowers and Dark Rocks, Lundy Creek (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series: Twisted Aspen (Nikon D810)
- Aperture Series: Four Aspens, Late Dusk (Sony A7R II)
- Resolution Chart
Strokes of a master..
- 35/1.4 Distagon Main Page
- Distortion For 35/1.4 Distagon
- Discussion of 35/1.4 vs Alternatives
- Lateral Chromatic Aberration (Color Fringing) 35/1.4 vs 35/2
- 35/1.4 Distagon Longitudinal Chromatic Aberration (LOCA)
- Examples In The Forest
- Aperture Series: Pine Creek Tungsten Mine Buildings / Waterfall
- Aperture Series: Bristlecone Vista, Late Dusk (Canon 5DS R)
- 35/1.4 Distagon Spherical Aberration Assessment
- Comparison — Zeiss ZE 35 f/2 (Mosaic)
- vs Sigma 35/1.4 and Nikon 35/1.4G (Nikon D800E, Dolls)
- vs Sigma 35/1.4 and Nikon 35/1.4G (Nikon D800E, Wheel)
Balance and poise..
Brilliant imaging in a compact package..
Comparing the two 50mm options near and far, more comparisons coming..
Versatility in a “normal” lens and macro too!.
Fast high performance APO wide angle..
Ultra high performance apochromatic normal lens, first in the Otus line..
Ultra high performance apochromatic medium telephoto, overview and technical..
Rendering style, bokeh and 'transparency' without peer..
Razor sharp with gorgeous bokeh..
King of bokeh! Corner-to-corner sharpness, world class..
Beautiful bokeh, razor sharp, superb color correction..
Articles written for Lenspire.ZEISS.com..
What to look for in a binocular, plus reviews..
Understanding lens performance..
The limits of resolution are governed by physics..
- Nikon D3: Noise from ISO 100 to ISO 25,600
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR: Mush In the Corners
- Canon EOS Meets Leica—1D Mark III mated to APO-Summicron-R 90/2 ASPH
- Canon EOS Meets Leica—1D Mark III Mated to APO-Elmarit-R 180/2.8
- An Hour With the Hasselblad 503CWD
- An Hour With the Hasselblad H3D
- Thirty Minutes With the PhaseOne P20
- Three Different Tripods — Gitzo, Manfrotto, Oben
Good stuff and not so good stuff..
Blurry lenses right out of the box..
[ARCHIVE] Software and related for photographers..
High performance prime lenses for Sony NEX and Fujifilm X..
Accurate focus and ease for your eyes..
Zeiss ZF.2 and Zeiss ZE Lenses For Canon and Nikon.
Q&A on the 15/2.8 Distagon with Dr. Hubert Nasse.
Medium format Zeiss glass in Hartblei precision tilt/shift lens barrels!.
Leica S2 37.5 megapixel DSLR and its lenses..
Lenses for Leica M cameras, especially the M9.
Infrared Cameras Compared: Fuji S3 Pro UVIR, Nikon D70-IR, Canon EOS 5D-IR ..
Bread and butter all-around zoom..
Moderate wide angle expressly designed for Nikon Z cameras..
Ultra wide compact zoom for Nikon Z cameras..
Fast mid-range zoom expressly designed for Nikon Z cameras..
Mid-range zoom expressly designed for Nikon Z cameras..
A7R II modified sensor cover glass for Leica M lens performance..
Full frame compact mirrorless with interchangeable lenses..
High performance wide angle..
Fast wide angle..
Fast high performance normal lens of Zeiss design..
Compact moderate wide angle for Sony mirrorless..
Compact normal lens for full-frame Sony mirrorless..
Top-grade medium telephoto..
Razor sharp medium telephoto with apodization filter..
Macro lens also excellent for all-around shooting..
Ultra wide native mount manual focus lens for Sony mirrorless..
Fast lens speed with curious rendering..
Fast lens speed for versatile rendering..
Ultra high grade performer at a modest price..
Speed to match the Leica Noctilux..
Extreme wide angle zoom..
Comapact ultra-wide zoom for Sony full frame mirrorless..
- Distortion Examples @ 16mm / 17mm
- Distortion Examples @ 20mm / 21mm
- Distortion Examples @ 24mm
- Distortion Examples @ 28mm
- Distortion Examples @ 35mm
- Aperture Series @ 21mm: Yellow and Blue Bike, Focus Shift (Sony A7R)
- Aperture Series @ 25mm: Yellow and Blue Bike Close, Focus Shift (Sony A7R)
- Aperture Series @ 35mm: Yellow and Blue Bike Close, Focus Shift (Sony A7R)
Premiere mid-range zoom for Sony full frame mirrorless.
- Distortion @ 24mm: Uncorrected vs Corrected
- Distortion @ 35mm: Uncorrected vs Corrected
- Distortion @ 50mm: Uncorrected vs Corrected
- Distortion @ 70mm: Uncorrected vs Corrected
- Aperture Series @24mm: Finely Detailed Mosaic
- Aperture Series @35mm: Finely Detailed Mosaic
- Aperture Series @50mm: Finely Detailed Mosaic
- Aperture Series @52mm: Strongly Backlit MTB
- Aperture Series @70mm: Finely Detailed Mosaic
Wide angle to telephoto zoom with optical stabilization..
Wide mid-range zoom targeted at video shooters..
Comapact mid-range zoom for Sony full frame mirrorless.
Premiere telephoto zoom for Sony full frame mirrorless.
Extreme wide angle with 'zero distortion'..
Manual focus apodized lens for ultra smooth focus..
Use Leica M lenses on a digital back designed for them..
Diminutive full-frame camera with 35mm f/2 fixed lens..
Full frame camera in an ultra-compact body with or without anti-aliasing filter..
Stunningly high image quality in a 20MP point and shoot tiny camera..
General things to know about Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds..
A high performance mid-range zoom..
Super telephoto with superb bokeh and color correction..
A fisheye with great contrast and high resolving power..
Wide angle for Micro Four Thirds or Sony E Mount/NEX..
Fast, bright and highly corrected medium telephoto..
A worthy upddate to the E-M5 with pro-grade build quality..
Superb ergonomic design in a compact camera..
- 12mm Comparison: Olympus SHG 7-14mm f/4 — Olympus 12mm f/2 — Panasonic 7-14mm f/4 and 12-35mm f/2.8 (Garage Bikes)
- 14mm Comparison: Olympus SHG 7-14mm f/4 — SHG 14-35mm f/2 — Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 and 7-14mm f/4 — 12-35mm f/2.8 (Garage Bikes)
- Compared: Olympus 50/2 Macro — Panasonic/Leica 45/2.8 Macro — Olympus 45/1.8 (Dolls)
- Correcting color aberrations with the 12mm f/2
Can smaller sensor cameras compete with larger ones on any basis?.
Fujifilm's 24MP APS-C offering..
24 or 16 megapixels in a compact body with APS-C sensor..
Moderate wide angle for Sony NEX..
Use DSLR lenses at ~native focal length, and gain a stop of speed..
Outstanding ultra wide angle performer..
Outstanding wide angle, superb performer..
Manual focus moderate wide angle for full-frame mirrorless..
Manual focus normal lens for full-frame mirrorless..
Manual focus telephoto lens for full-frame mirrorless..
Autofocus extreme wide angle for Sony full-frame mirrorless..
Autofocus wide angle for Sony full-frame mirrorless..
All-around slightly wide angle/normal with close focus..
Autofocus portrait lens for Sony full-frame mirrorless..
Apochromatic pin-sharp medium telephoto for Sony full-frame mirrorless..
Ultra wide angle lens for Sony NEX or Fujifilm X..
Normal lens for Sony NEX or Fujifilm X..
Moderate telephoto macro lens for Sony NEX or Fujifilm X. Useful on full frame too!.
Sigma’s raw file processing software, version 5.x..
45mm f/2.8 equivalent FOV lens..
45mm f/2.8 equivalent lens on APS-C sensor..
Leica M mount in slim body with SL-type sensor..
Relative sharpness and performance across cameras..
24-megapixel fixed lens compact full-frame..
Off-center color casts, off-center sharpness..
Leica’s ultra wide angle zoom lens..
Leica’s widest prime lens..
- Distortion: 18/3.8 Super-Elmar-M ASPH
- Vignetting: 18/3.8 Super-Elmar-M ASPH
- Examples: 18/3.8 Super-Elmar-M ASPH
- Aperture Series: Lundy Pond, Pre-Dawn (M240)
- Aperture Series: Aspen Sunstar (M240)
- Aperture Series: Moots FrosTi (Sony A7)
- Sensor Cover Glass: Stock vs Kolarivision Modified Sony A7R (Mosaic)
Leica’s fastest and widest lens..
Leica’s best-performing 21mm..
Leica’s fast wide angle..
Leica’s best-performing 24mm, and with a flat field..
Leica’s fast 28mm..
Leica’s widest lens utilizing built-in frame lines..
Tweaked 2016 redesign of Leica’s petite performer..
Leica’s smallest and lightest M lens with superlative performance..
Leica’s superlative and most natural lens for the M..
- Notes: Leica 2010 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH
- Distortion: 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH
- Vignetting: 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH
- Aperture Series: 35/1.4 — Glacial Erratics (M240)
- Assessing Field Curvature— Green Paint (M240)
- Compared: 35mm f/1.4 Summilux vs 35/2 Summicron vs Zeiss 35/2 Biogon (M9P, Cabin Sink)
- Compared: 35mm f/1.4 Summilux vs 35/2 Summicron vs Zeiss 35/2 Biogon (M9P, Cabin Exterior)
- Compared: vs Zeiss ZM 35/2 and Sony 35/2.8 (Sony A7R, Red Barn)
Leica’s f/2 35mm for the M..
Leica’s Budget 35mm lens..
Six models to choose from..
World’s fastest 50mm full-frame lens..
Leica’s superlative normal lens..
The world’s best 50mm lens is outstanding, but with some limits..
Leica’s compact low-distortion normal lens..
Leica’s Budget 50mm lens..
Leica’s ultra high grade and ultra fast modern short telephoto..
Leica’s medium tele for Leica M..
Leica’s budget 75mm medium telephoto..
Leica’s longer tele for Leica M..
Leica’s compact 90mm for the M..
Leica’s longest M lens..
Compact lens for portraiture or similar..
Superb all-around macro and general-purpose lens..
World’s best mid-range telephoto lens..
Compact and ultra high performance long telephoto..
Notes and examples..
Compact high performance, ultra low distortion..
Moderate speed high contrast ultra-wide..
Zero distortion ultra-wide..
Compact wide angle with brilliant contrast..
Compact wide angle..
Fast and ultra high performance moderate wide angle rangefinder lens..
- Zeiss ZM 35mm f/1.4 Zeiss Distagon
- MTF on Mirrorless Cameras
- Vignetting for Zeiss ZM 35/1.4 Distagon
- Vignetting vs Effective Aperture at Periphery
- Distortion for Zeiss ZM 35/1.4 Distagon
- Aperture Series: Maple Leaf Underwater, Floating Leaves (M240)
- Aperture Series: Fading Maple Leaves In Backlit Creek (M240)
All around razor sharp performer..
Ultra compact high performance moderate wide angle rangefinder lens..
Pleasing and relatively inexpensive normal lens.
Ultra high performance (discontinued).
Compact high performance medium telephoto..
Fast high performance wide angle..
Blog posts, reverse chronological
2019-03-07 Leica Q2 Announced, a Few Comments
2018-08-25 Nikon Z7: High-Grade EVF
2018-08-24 Comments on Nikon Z7 Features
2018-07-11 Reader Question: Color Rendition of Lenses
2018-01-20 Working on Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS
2017-07-24 The Logjam Breaks: Nikon Discusses the D850
2017-04-11 Fujifilm GF 63mm f/2.8 Distortion Example
2016-02-29 Sigma SD Quattro Mirrorless Cameras
2016-01-23 Reflecting on the Ricoh GR
2016-01-17 Fujifilm X-Pro2
2016-01-01 Sony RX1R II Distortion
2015-09-17 King of Bokeh, well-controlled SLOCA?
2015-07-03 Leica Q: Initial Review Coverage
2014-10-15 Nikon 20mm f/1.8G ED: Distortion
2013-09-06 Samyang 14mm f/2.8: Lens Skew Asymmetry
2013-09-03 Sony RX1R: Correcting Lens Distortion
2013-07-24 Micro Four Thirds vs APS-C: Lens Size
2013-04-22 Leica M Typ 240: Done For Now
2012-12-11 Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Distortion
2012-03-16 Reader Comments: Zeiss 15/2.8 Distagon
2012-01-23 Why no Custom Lens Correction on Leica M9?
2012-01-23 Q&A Interview with Leica USA
2011-06-04 Fuji Finepix X100 — Lens Distortion
2010-11-13 Nikon 24-120mm f/4G VR comments
2010-06-03 Depth of field with a fast lens in daylight
2010-05-20 Global cooling? Local at least.
2009-10-12 Carl Zeiss on lens distortion
2009-09-11 Canon TS-E 24/3.5L II distortion
2009-02-15 Canon 5D Mark II Live View vignetting
2008-11-11 Tip of the day: Depth of field
2008-06-14 New article on vignetting
2008-04-30 The future of resolution, 36 megapixels?
2008-03-30 Atmospheric distortion
2008-02-15 Lens distortion
2007-09-28 Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar “ARRI” optics
2007-09-17 Zeiss ZF 28mm f/2 Distagon announced
2007-07-04 Shooting stars followup
2007-07-03 Focusing on infinity / shooting stars
2007-03-03 Evolution of digital camera features
2006-06-19 Fujifilm F30 point and shoot