Just posted in my review of the Nikon D800 is an evaluation of the Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL-II on the Nikon D800.
At about $489, the Voigtlander 58/1.4 might be worthwhile for those looking for a classic portraiture or similar lens, but it’s not going to win any converts in the sharpness department. If anything the Nokton 58/1.4 is the “anti Summilux”. It is also available from Stephen Gandy over at CameraQuest.com.
See my list of Nikon gear with in-stock status at B&H Photo.
Lens evaluated or soon to be valuated
- AF-S 24mm f/1.4G
- AF-S 35mm f/1.4G
- PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED
- AI-S 45mm f/2.8P
- AF-S 50mm f/1.8G
- AF-S 50mm f/1.4G
- AF-S 60 mm f/2.8G macro
- AF-S 85mm f/1.4G
- PC-Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D.
- AF-S 105mm f/2.8 VR macro
- AF-D 105mm f/2 DC
- AF-D 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF
- AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II and versus the 180/2.8D @ 185mm.
- Voigtlander 20mm f/3.5 Color-Skopar
- Voigtlander 40mm f/2
- Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 Nokton
- Voigtlander 90mm F/3.5 SL II APO-Lanthar