At about $2400, the Nikon 70-200/2.8G VR II is a major investment, the lens to have for certain types of shooting (sports, action, perhaps portraiture). But it’s never been my favorite for landscape or similar and the results on the D800 show why.
See my list of Nikon gear with in-stock status at B&H Photo.
- AF-S 24mm f/1.4G
- AF-S 35mm f/1.4G
- PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED
- AI-S 45mm f/2.8P
- AF-S 50mm f/1.8G
- AF-S 50mm f/1.4G
- AF-S 60 mm f/2.8G macro
- AF-S 85mm f/1.4G
- PC-Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D.
- AF-S 105mm f/2.8 VR macro
- AF-D 105mm f/2 DC
- AF-D 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF
- AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II and versus the 180/2.8D @ 185mm.
- Voigtlander 20mm f/3.5 Color-Skopar
- Voigtlander 40mm f/2
- Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 Nokton
- Voigtlander 90mm F/3.5 SL II APO-Lanthar