Every trip is a working trip for me, but I really enjoy Yosemite and the White Mountains, to which I’m headed tomorrow.
Below are some things I hope to cover/prove/disprove/explore on this trip. I won’t get them all done, but I will gather a lot of material to work through over the course of several weeks. Please subscribe— blogging here and on MPG has been enjoyable, but doesn’t support this site.
- Definitive answer desired: is the Leica M Typ 240 sharper than the Leica M9, especially in the corners with wide angle lenses at wider apertures?
- Color rendition differences under outdoor conditions (M240 vs M9).
- How does color and overall visual impact fare with the Leica M Typ 240 vs Leica M9? Is there some je ne sais quoi missing from the M240 CMOS vs M9 CCD?
- How about into the sun shots with CCD vs CMOS?
- Leica 50mm f/2 APO-Summicron-M ASPH: does its impressive MTF show up in a transparency of rendition and clarity in the field? Can it deliver superior results even at f/5.6 or f/8 versus the Noctilux or Summilux?
- Visual style and subject separation and visual impact of the Leica 50/2 APO ASPH, 50/1.4 Summilux, 50/0.95 Noctilux especially at wider apertures. Bokeh and other effects.
- The 135mm f/2 APO-Sonnar as a landscape lens with Nikon D800 and Canon 5D Mark III.
- In the field differences: 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar vs 135/2 APO-Sonnar.
- Zeiss ultra wides on Leica M Typ 240: are Zeiss ZF.2 lenses good “any camera lenses” in particular suitable for Leica M240, especially the 15mm f/2.8 Distagon? (will go into Guide to Zeiss).
- Various other exploratory lens work.
- Initial coverage for every Fujifilm XF lens.
- Comparisons of Zeiss Touit lenses on Fujifilm X-E1 to Fujifilm XF alternatives.
- Ricoh GR first look in the field (any interest here?)
Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8
- First look, probably used as outdoor lens for mountain sheep, etc.