I have the following gear coming for review:
- Samyang 14mm f/2.8 wide angle lens for Nikon (some readers report it being quite good, strong distortion aside).
- Rokinon 24mm f/3.5 tilt/shift lens for Nikon.
- Leica X Vario.
- Sony DSC-RX100 II. Mainly to check it out versus the Sony RX100.
- Sony DSC-RX1R. To extend my review of the Sony RX1.
- Leica 24mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH. For more review coverage and to compare to the Leica 24mm f/3.8 Elmar-M ASPH.
I have some other ideas to explore with existing gear, and I’m waiting to hear on certain other things including Sony and Pentax—whatever shows up before I leave on another mountains trip in mid August, prior to the Everest Challenge cycling race.
For most of this gear, I intend to explore what looks interesting and then delve into any unusual or special aspects.
I don’t have high expectations for build quality or performance with the Samyang and Rokinon lenses (reportedly they are the same optics, just different branding). but I’ll give them a keen eye and see what they can do.
Pictured below is the Sony RX1; I’ll be extending my review of the Sony RX1 using the Sony RX1R.
It will be interesting to see if the Leica X Vario at 28mm can offer anything to top the superlative Ricoh GR. But at 3X the weight and at least twice the size, it’s not going into my pockets as I don’t wear baggy pants.