Order NEC PA322UHD with calibration software and calibrator unit
(slightly confusing click the “Price” button to add to cart)
Order NEC PA322UHD WITHOUT software/hardware calibration (not recommended)
My workhorse color calibrated display is the NEC PA302W, the “PA” being the professional color-calibration series.
The NEC 32” MultiSync PA322UHD is due to ship in December, but I hope to have a unit for review in November. A 32-inch display has a viewable image size of 31.5 inches diagonally.
The 32-inch size is important for image editing, because pixels still can be critically assessed (or so I hope), whereas a 24-inch 4K display is so pixel dense that the pixels disappear (gorgeous). But for editing, seeing nuances is important; the larger size makes that much more viable (140 ppi is still dense but much less so than on a 24-inch display).
The PA322UHD has 14-bit internal calibration (true calibration, not faux calibration), so that the color profile for it need do little more than characterize a perfect performance. But alas, Apple OS X to this day does not support 10-bit color (graphics drivers). We are in the age of iPhones, so high-end features on the desktop like 10 bit color were hoped for five years ago by many but have yet to materialize, even as the pace of useless eye candy revisions to the user interface take priority. But the good news is that a display that holds to one delta-E tolerances can still deliver excellent results with 8 bit graphics drivers.
The ultimate in reliable, accurate color.
The 32” MultiSync PA322UHD is the benchmark desktop display for color accurate work, from photography to pre-press to videography.
Featuring a UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) IGZO technology IPS-type panel with wide gamut white LED backlight, this display provides 99.2% coverage of the Adobe RGB color space while consuming less power than comparable displays.
Packed with features and backed by a 4 year warranty with Advanced Exchange, the MultiSync PA322UHD will reliably deliver high quality, accurate images simply and beautifully.
- Superior screen performance (1000:1 contrast ratio, 3840x2160 UHD native resolution, 350cd/m2 brightness)
- 14-bit 3D internal programmable lookup tables (LUTs) for calibration
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picturemodes increase productivity by displaying two or four sources simultaneously
- MultiProfiler™ software provides complete control over the five picture modes, including the loading of any ICC profile directly into the monitor for optimal color space matching
- DisplaySync ProTM controls two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
Wide connectivity includes two DisplayPort with 10-bit support, four 10-bit HDMI, two DVI-D inputs as well as a USB hub
- NaViSet Administrator 2: Free software solution that greatly eases administration and management of larger display device installations
- Available with SpectraViewII Color Calibration Kit (PA322UHD-BK-SV)