Really Right Stuff L-plates are all I use on my cameras—excellent stuff, including the L-plate for the Sony A7R II and A7 II, the L-plate for Nikon D810, the L-plate for Canon 5DS R, L-plate for Leica M240, for Sigma DP Merrill, etc. I like them a lot, even when not using a tripod, because some of them have grips and all of them protect the camera at bottom and side (resting on rocks, etc).
Really Right Stuff also makes quite a wide selection of tripod heads, many of which I have and use on my lighter-weight tripods (though my most-used head is the Arca Swiss Cube geared head with Really Right Stuff clamp).
This latest head is interesting, and I may give one a try sometime soon.
REALLY RIGHT STUFF® PG-01 Compact Gimbal Head
San Luis Obispo, California, November 23, 2015 – Really Right Stuff is excited to announce the PG-01, compact gimbal head. The PG-01 is our lightest and most compact solution for the traveling or weight-conscious photographer who wants independent control over both the pan and tilt. This patent-pending modular head is also perfect for shooting both single and multi-row panos. Setup and packing the head is a breeze: quickly attach or remove the Vertical Arm to/from the Horizontal Bar for superior portability; no tools required. The PG-01 is designed to support smaller camera setups, such as “mirrorless” cameras or DSLRs with lenses up to a 70-200mm f2.8. While it is designed to mount on any tripod that has a 3/8-16” stud, it mates perfectly with our TQC—14 travel tripod. An option for an integrated leveling base makes it the smallest, complete gimbal system on the market for its load capacity. Both base options have an integrated dovetail quick and easy pairing with any of our clamps.
- Great for smaller micro four-thirds/mirrorless cameras or light-weight DSLR systems
- Optional integrated leveling base with +/- 15° range
- Allows the user to pivot independently on both the vertical and horizontal plane
- Quick-release dovetail on base for fast & easy mounting
- 3/8-16” socket on bottom for mounting directly to a tripod
- Ergonomic design gives superior handling and unsurpassed reliability
- Independent locking for both pan and tilt axis
- Integrated spirit level for convenient leveling
- Laser-engraved millimeter scale offers precise centering and positioning within the clamp jaw
- Built-in hex key storage for additional torque and convenience
- All components are of the finest Really Right Stuff quality, machined from solid aircraft aluminum or stainless steel for maximum durability and minimum weight
Really Right Stuff is a 25-year old company best known by professional and serious amateur photographers for producing camera support hardware of uncompromised quality in the USA. For more information, please visit www.reallyrightstuff.com.