Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Aperture Series @ 38mm: Bristlecone and Earth Shadow at Dusk (Nikon D810)
Get Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR at B&H Photo.
The new Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR is Nikon’s best bread-and-butter mid-range zoom yet, and seemingly by a good margin, with a design showcasing the best of Nikon optical technology:
- ASP/ED, AS, ED, and HRI Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coating
- Fluorine Coated Front and Rear Elements
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization up to 4 stops
- Internal Focus, manual focus override
- Electromagnetic diaphragm with 9 blades, rounded
This aperture series from f/2.8 through f/8 takes a first look at the Nikon 24-70/2.8E:
Includes images up to 24 megapixels as well as large crops.
This looks like the zoom to have in your bag, with performance that rivals that of some prime lenses. Canon’s superb 24-70mm f/2.8L IS II looks to have a new rival.