The late 2015 iMac 5K is a worthy contender for many photographers and videographers*; see the MPG review of the late 2015 iMac 5K, particularly iMac 5K: Bridges the Gap to the Mac Pro and iMac 5K: Building a High-Performance Configuration.
The late iMac 5K is a delight to the eyes: iMac 5K for Stunning Black and White Images and What’s the Best Way to Enjoy Images at their Finest?.
Price has dropped a bit the diglloyd MPG recommended enhancement packages for the late 2015 iMac 5K. The bundles save you some money and deliver the stuff you need for a robust workstation. See also diglloyd MPG recommended enhancement packages for the 2013 Mac Pro.
- Memory— 64GB for set and forget
- Thunderbay 4—high performance, high capacity, fault tolerance
- Thunderbolt 2 Dock—12 Ports with 1 cable
- Thunderbolt Cable—1 meter blue
Early this year Lloyd switched to 8TB drives in multiple Thunderbay units, which corresponds to the 32TB Thunderbay variant but for most users this is more storage capacity than necessary—the 6TB option is a terrific choice all around.
* Late 2015 iMac 5K only, earlier models had problematic limitations such as color gamut and 32GB memory limit.