Of particular note is the fix for the Leica M Monochrom black spots issue which I reported back in July of 2015. It must have been a difficult fix, since it took 10 months, with irreparable damage to images in the interim. See my examples in my review of the Leica M Monochrom Typ 246. [I don’t have a Leica M Monochrom Typ 246 to verify the fix; the foregoing is taking it on faith].
Maybe the camera freeze bug is what caused the lockup issues I have had (and still have) with the M240? They were not generally “fast sequences”, but there is some hope that the fix may be real for my usage.
Firmware 126.96.36.199 for Leica M/M-P (Typ 240)
Firmware 188.8.131.52 for Leica M (Typ 262)
Firmware 184.108.40.206 for Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246)
- Implemented optimizations that prevent the camera controls from becoming unresponsive after a series of continuous burst photos fills the buffer.
- The selected user profile will be displayed even when exposure compensation has been adjusted. Exposure compensation is no longer saved to the user profile.
- Memory cards with a capacity up to 512 GB are supported
- The default file format settings upon camera reset have been changed from JPG to DNG+JPG
- The time-out period for the last GPS Position, when no GPS signal is received, has been extended to 2.5 hours (GPS is not available with M (Typ 262))
- It is now possible to display DNG files from the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) in all zoom steps, also with the M/M-P (Typ 240 and 262)
- When using SD-cards that are too slow for movie recording, a message appears in the viewfinder display Leica Camera AG / Page 1 of 3 Bug Fixes:
- Bugs, that led to a camera freeze when shooting fast sequences, have been fixed
- The accuracy of the internal clock has been improved
- When using „AUTO ISO in M mode“ the used exposure metering mode is now being displayed in play mode
- Files larger than 2GB can now be transferred from the camera to the PC via USB
- The display of the histogram has been optimized for high ISO values
- The display of flash exposure compensation values has been improved in the menu
- A misleading message (“check battery age”) has been removed
- In case of Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246): A bug that led to black pixels in fine pattern has been fixed
- Further system optimizations have been implemented