I’ve been waiting nearly 3 weeks for the perfect mid-October storm, really.
I had been over in the Sierra Nevada, suffering through hazy and smoky crud for the past week, knowing a front was moving in.
Good luck showed up in the form of an (unexpected) Zeiss Milvus 25mm f/1.4 — perfect timing for the storm front coming 2 days later.
But then, bad luck intervened of an orange kind, so after 3 days of discomfort and today a 6 hour drive home, here I sit at home in the rainy drizzle, with Tioga Pass road closed as of 5 PM today—knowing that tomorrow morning there will be the first clean and clean air in a week along with a fresh dusting of snow on the Sierra just where I had come from, which had been a hazy mess and acrid sting to the nose while passing by Tenaya Lake today.
I had stayed in the area knowing perfect shooting whether was coming! Dang, I feel frustrated. I’m lucky if I get 3 good opportunities like this each fall. I’ve had one, missed one, and maybe I’ll get another chance. But at least I don’t have a liver problem.