Shootout: Zeiss Milvus 25mm f/1.4 vs Zeiss 25mm f/2 vs 25/2.8: StripedBoulderToMountainside (Nikon D850)
All three lens speeds remain in the Zeiss lineup (25/2.8 for Nikon only).
The scene was chosen for particular reasons so that this 3-way shootout can look at all of the following:
- General sharpness across the field.
- Ability to sharpen near to far with stopping down: which lens(es) can deliver the best near-to-far sharpness?
- Secondary color and lateral chromatic aberration.
- Bokeh in out of focus areas and general look and feel.
- How the 25/1.4 compares in vignetting at f/2 versus the 25/2 and at f/2.8 and f.4 versus the 25/2.8.
- Presence or absence of focus shift.
Includes images up to full camera resolution from f/1.4 through f/11. Extensive commentary as well a discussion of personal preferences and why.