Mounting Cineo Matchbox Lights Magnetically using Really Right Stuff BH-25 Mini Ballhead, eg in Mercedes Sprinter Van
Get Really Right Stuff BH-25 at ReallyRightStuff.com.
About two weeks ago I discussed mounting Cineo Matchbox lights inside my Mercedes Sprinter adventure van using Really Right Stuff BH-25 ballheads.
I’ve updated that post with pictures of the lights as mounted.
To mount the Cineo Matchbox, a magnet with a countersunk hole is bolted onto the bottom of the Really Right Stuff BH-25 ballhead, which then allows magnetic attachment to anything. The ballhead then provides for aiming the light where desired.
Cineo Matchbox specifications
The light quality from the about $318 Cineo Matchbox is second to none: 160° spread and none of that harsh LED bulb problem because the Matchbox uses remote phosphor technology. Plus the color rendering index is 98 (at 3200°K).
- Remote Phosphor Technology
- CRI: 98 at 3200K / 94 at 5600K
- TLCI: 99 at 3200K / 97 at 5600K
- 315 lux / 30.5 fc at 3' and 3200K 362 lux / 37.5 fc at 3' and 5600K
- Beam Angle: 160° Local and DMX Dimming from 0-100%
- Weather-Resistant Construction
- 3.25 x 5.25 x 1.5" Panel, 1/4"-20 Thread on Base for Mounting