Year-end deals at OWC / MacSales.com follow below.
But here are my top picks, most of which I own and use.
- The OWC Envoy Pro EX Thunderbolt 3 adds 2TB of very fast SSD storage to any Thunderbolt 3 Mac.
- The Seagate 12TB drives are what I have moved to because my storage needs have grown. I run two of them in the OWC Mercury Elite Pro enclosure for backups.
- Four of the Seagate 12TB drives in the OWC Thunderbay 4 (Thunderbolt 3 version of the Thunderbay 4 coming very soon).I recommend buying as a complete 48TB solution. Capacities can be 4/8/12/16/20/24/32/40/48TB so choose your size.
- 64GB memory in my 2017 iMac 5K, this model: the 2017 iMac 5K 4.2 GHz / 2TB.
- Samsung T5 2TB SSD for extremely compact storage backup. Excellent price for something very nice!
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock. This is a key item because it has a Mini DisplayPort port for attaching an external display that is Display Port or Mini DisplayPort, like my workhorse NEC PA302W. I have two of these Docks, one for home and one mounted inside my photography adventure van, so that I can leave in place and not have to decable going to and fro.
- OWC 2.0M Thunderbolt 3 (40Gb/s) USB-C cable. I like my storage under my desk so I don’t hear 'spinners' (hard drives); 2 meters gets it there.