FOR SALE: Lloyd’s Own Lenses: Zeiss, Leica, Voigtlander, Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Rodenstock, Schneider
I’d rather just keep a growing collection, but that’s just not feasible, for both space and financial reasons—I constantly have to be working with the newest lenses for my publications. There is no ROI (return on investment) for lenses that I rarely or ever need for my publications. Plus the ongoing insurance costs are negative ROI, plus I have to buy certain new gear each year. It’s time to clean house on some very good lenses.
- All lenses here are “good samples” as far as my testing has determined; I never keep bad samples.
- Nearly all are with original box and packaging (all that stuff up in the attic, I never throw away boxes).
- My reputation is more important to me than any sale. I would never knowingly sell any gear with an issue. It’s that simple—just not worth it. Local buyers welcome to inspect firsthand.
- All my glass tends to be pristine. If I see any kind of optical marring, I will note it prior to final sale.
- Please note that new lenses have dust inside! Used lenses always have some dust, even after a week or two of use. NONE of my gear has ever gone to Burning Man or anything 1/10 that extreme.
- Overseas is just too much of a hassle, but if payment is made I can hold a lens until buyer visits my area.
LNIB = Like New in Box
Payment as agreed upon. Buyer pays FedEx 3 day shipping and buyer is responsible for California sales tax, if applicable. Local inspection/pickup if you are close to Palo Alto, CA.
$2000 with battery and charger, original box and accesories, Really Right Stuff L-bracket, 64GB CompactFlash card. SALE PENDING
Why would you buy mine? Because it has proven itself with outstanding sensor/flange alignment, which is not so easy to get these days (see my trouble with the Nikon D850 skew issues ). Also it has been 100% reliable since I bought it.
All Nikon lenses are original USA models—no gray market. Zeiss sales are because I have the Milvus replacements for the lenses I’m selling. These are all excellent samples, some particularly so.
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G $1150
- Nikon 28mm f/4 PC-shift lens (best of 4 I tested) $900
- Nikon AF 105mm f/2D DC-Nikkor $850 LNIB
- Zeiss ZF.2 18mm f/3.5 Distagon $650
- Zeiss ZF.2 50mm f/2 Makro-Planar $780
The following Zeiss lenses for Canon are for sale because I almost always shoot Nikon and I have them all for Nikon:
- Zeiss ZE Otus 55mm f/1.4 APO-Distagon$3100 (selling because I have a Nikon copy and hardly ever shoot Canon)
- Zeiss ZE 35mm f/1.4 Distagon $950 LNIB SALE PENDING
- Zeiss ZE 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar $1100 LNIB
- Zeiss ZE 21mm f/2.8 Distagon $1250 LNIB
- Olympus E-M1 pro camera with Really Right Stuff L bracket + Panasonic DMC-GF3 $599. HOT DEAL
- Olympus Super HIgh Grade (SHG) lenses (set of three, mint): 7-14mm f/2, 14-35mm f/2, 35-100mm f/2 with two MMF-3 lens adapters for Micro Four Thirds: $3500 Great choice for videographers. HOT DEAL These are the most highly corrected lenses that Olympus makes.
All Leica lenses are original USA models—no gray market.
- Leica 28mm f/2 Summicron-M ASPH (prior version but 6-bit coded) $2900. My testing showed no meaningful difference vs the 2016 version.
- Leica 90mm f/2 APO-Summicron-R ASPH, 3-cam ROM version with leather case in box, original owne near-mint r 1997 #394xxxx $3499
- Leica 100mm f/2.8 APO-Macro-Elmarit-R, 3-cam ROM version with leather case1997 near-mint #379xxxx $2650
Rodenstock and Schneider view camera lenses
All on Linhof Technikardan lens boards, copal shutters.
- FOR SALE Rodenstock 135mm f/5.6 APO-Sironar-S Copal shutter + Linhof Technikardan lens board $1200 PRISTINE
- FOR SALE Schneider 400mm f/5.6 APO-TELE-XENAR Copal shutter+ Linhof Technikardan lens board $1500 PRISTINE
- FOR SALE Linhof Tecknikdan 4 X 5 View camera with quickload holders and various mounting boards $500