Leica has done a lot of work on this release, but I don’t see any improvements that fix the bugs and operational issues, and the only new feature that might be useful (for me) is the Enhanced Live View setting for dim conditions.
After setting date/time, the camera cannot exit the Date & Time menu, leaving the camera inoperable. Turn the camera off/on to restore it to operational status.
UPDATE: a major new bug plagues firmware 3.0.
PHOTO & VIDEO
- _NEW: Exposure metering method Highlight-Weighted
- _NEW: iDR (Intelligent Dynamic Range) for the optimization of darker areas
- _NEW: Anytime manual access to Pixel Mapping
- _EXTENDED: Additional settings for image properties (Highlight and Shadow)
- _IMPROVED: Autofocus with improved algorithm
- _IMPROVED:User profiles will now store the currently active operating mode and exposure mode
- _NEW: Enhanced Live View as auxiliary function for image composition in the dark
- _NEW: Image Overlay
- _NEW: Follow Focus
- _NEW:HEVC video formats (H.265) and video formats with reduced bit rate at the same picture quality (L-GOP)
- _NEW: Segmented Video as protection against data loss
- _NEW: Waveform Monitor
- _NEW: Configurable reference values (Color Bar and Test Sound
- _NEW: REC Frame for a more detailed display of a running recording
- _NEW: No more recording time limitations
- _EXTENDED: Optional import of custom LUT profiles