EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-11-13 23:46:43
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This series shows the pronounced focus shift of the Nikon NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S by presenting two aperture series. One series was focused once wide open at f/1.8, and the other series was refocused at each and every aperture. Since the Nikon Z7 stops down to the shooting aperture (until f/5.6), the refocus series should be far closer to the mark than the focus-once series.
Refocusing for Each Aperture vs Focusing Wide Open (Stunted Aspen Amid Boulders)
Adobe Camera Raw 10.5.0.1001: view ACR settings. Camera Profile = Adobe Color. Distortion and chromatic aberration corrected/required.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.