EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-05-19 22:35:17
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
If there were a day of life as exultation, this day in July 2015 surely qualified. The lighting was so exciting and a rare gift for July in this area.
These selected examples are modest in number but carefully selected from many more in order to show the Canon 11-24mm f/4L in key ways; it is a very impressive lens for what it is and impressive even compared to prime lenses in its range:
- Outstanding overall contrast;
- Consistent performance across the zoom range;
- Edge to edge performance that while a bit weak at f/4 at 50 megapixels, easily rivals most all primes in its range.
Diffraction-mitigating sharpening was used for images in the f/9 and beyond range. See Mitigating Micro Contrast Losses from Diffraction Blur in Making Sharp Images.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.