EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-12-04 14:24:20
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
The one obvious weakness of the Canon 11-24mm f/4L USM that is muted on a 22-megapixel camera like the Canon 5D Mark III makes itself prominent on the 50-megapixel Canon 5DS R: red/cyan color fringes of lateral chromatic aberration. But how much of this is the design and how much is optical assembly mistakes is subject to speculation, as the crops show.
Example — corrected and uncorrected
Some of this color fringing appears to be due to less than perfect optical assembly. In a highly corrected lens wish such ambitious goals, even a minor error can generate various aberrations, particularly at the periphery, and here we see compelling evidence that something is off, since only the left side shows color fringing.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.