EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-10-18 07:31:37
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
This scene is one that might confound without tilt; here I wanted to document the Saddlebag Lake Dam spillway by including structures near it, and the type of dam, etc. With a conventional lens, choosing the leading area would blur the background, and vice versa. Probably I could have used f/11 and done reasonably well, but here, by using tilt, a high grade and very sharp image is obtained near to far.
Also, I wanted natural perspective—no tilting the camera—so 10mm of shift was also used in addition to about 1° of tilt.
Saddlebag Lake Dam Spillway, Oblique View
Adobe Camera Raw 10.4.0.976: view ACR settings. Camera Profile=Adobe Color.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.