EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-12-02 19:33:32
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This mosaic is an extremely demanding target: as a planar target not only does it show every weakness in lens performance, any assembly errors that result in left/right asymmetry show up clearly, though an f/4 lens masks such errors by having significant depth of field wide open.
Mosaic @ 16mm
Adobe Camera Raw 8.5 (236): ACR settings.
The golden tiles present a server gamut and dynamic range challenge. To hold the detail, the highlights (golden tiles) were pulled down, contrast added to compensate, and the image is presented slightly dark—because the tiles are a key detail element for our examination.
The camera was tilted up slightly hence the plane of focus is not exactly parallel to the mosaic.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.