EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-26 02:12:57
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
These initial field examples with the Canon 5D Mark III were taken on a brief mountain biking outing. More to come.
For this comparison, I increased my normal RAW conversion sharpening amount to Amount=70 to really bring out the fine details possible. This aggressive level of sharpening is just fine so long as the exposure is full ETTR on the Canon 5D Mark III, as it is for most images here.
Presented in the ProPhotoRGB color space (blows out in AdobeRGB). Be sure to use a colorspace-aware web browser for proper color rendition.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.