EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-12-08 16:39:30
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This page looks at far field performance, a challenging test for any lens, particularly on the 50-megapixel Canon 5DS R.
The lens used here appears to be a “good sample”, that is it shows symmetry in performance across the frame.
Images converted using Adobe Camera Raw 9.2 (486). All camera and lens corrections DISABLED both in camera and during RAW conversion.
Lundy Canyon on Oct 10, 2015
Lundy Canyon is a popular Eastern Sierra venue for fall color, and your author offers photo tours here and in nearby areas. 2015 being the 2nd severe drought year, some aspen dropped their leves early, some delivers brown-spotted leaves, but many still looked terrific.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.