EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-12-02 19:57:58
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
This page examines the kind of shot one might make when photographing a small group of people or similar, with the subjects more or less lined up for a frontal shot.
Images converted using Adobe Camera Raw 9.2 (486). All camera and lens corrections DISABLED both in camera and during RAW conversion.
Among the huge aspen @ f/5.6
These aspen may be the largest in the entire Eastern Sierra Nevada. Here, there are only medium size specimens. All trunks including the largest and most beautiful along the trail have been defaced by years of nitwits with knives. For your author, the appreciation of beauty does not entail destroying it.
ACR Settings, Camera Profile = Adobe Standard. The very bluish light was neutralized.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.