EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-12-02 20:26:55
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
This page discusses the Live View vignetting problem seen on the 5D Mark II, a problem which apparently affects only non-chipped lenses used with lens adapters (that’s a plausible theory at this point in time).
This issue came to my atttention via several readers. See the discussion thread on the issue.
Based on observing the 5D Mark II behavior taking an exposure without a lens on the camera, the theory that this is a mirror problem seems unrealistic.
The Live View vignetting problem appears to be peculiar to the new Canon 5D Mark II, and to affect any lens with a lens adapter.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
5D Mark II + Voigtlander 40/2 Ultron + CameraQuest lens adapter @ f/2