EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-12-05 16:16:00
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
The TS-E 17/4L is an outstanding design, a versatile and flexible peformer. Its fine qualities come through in every image I shot. Those qualities include low distortion, excellent flare control, superb control of color fringing, and top-notch build quality.
The strong performance of the initial 2009 test sample was marred by its troublesome left-edge blur. A later sample did not show this trouble.
The 17/4L is truly unique in being both an ultra wide angle lens and a tilt/shift lens, and therefore some photographers could quite legitimately consider the camera an accessory to be added to the lens. See choosing a Canon Tilt/Shift lens.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.