EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-12-02 20:16:23
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
The camera was leveled here and a small amount of fall (downward shift was used). Tilt was not applicable given the two primary angles involved (left front and right front of the cabin). Hence the lens performance here ought to be near its best, being near the center of the oversize image circle.
Wyman Canyon lower cabin
Precise attention was paid to exposure for the challenging dynamic range seen here, resulting in an ETTR exposure capturing nearly all the dynamic range while providing detail even into the dark areas. Conversion from raw exercised contrast control to pull up the shadows and retain the highlights.
ACR: settings, Camera Profile = Adobe Standard
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.