EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-12-15 06:02:32
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
These images shot with the Coastal Optics 60mm f/4 UV-VIS-IR APO Macro. It is the best corrected lens available for color, as of 2015, having no color aberration at all. Hence it makes an outstanding lens for night shots with out-of-focus blurs, since color purity is absolute.
The goal here was not to show off the superlative performance of the Coastal 60/4, though that is a welcome side effect. Rather, the 60/4 was used to eliminate color aberrations and to deliver very high sharpness so as to allow the Sony A7R II to shine at its best: how does its image quality hold up for night-time exposures under artificial lighting, particularly lighting that is spectrally gappy and unbalanced?
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.