EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-04-20 08:37:01
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Bokeh is stunningly beautiful with all 3 lenses—it’s so good you’re unlikely to better it with any lens. See the examples. Lovers of bokeh will want all three lenses because of bokeh alone—even without the tilt/shift!
Stopped down to the f/8 to f/11 range, bokeh is still just as beautiful.
One striking feature of all the Hartblei lenses, no doubt due to the wide coverage of their Zeiss optics, is that there are no funky off-center optical oddities eg so-called “cat’s eyes” or rotational-motion type effects off-center— just velvety-smooth out of focus areas. The symmetric optical designs correct most aberrations for a natural image rendition.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.