EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-10-21 00:27:38
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
The 36-megapixel Nikon D800E demands high optical performance for its high resolution sensor, so how does the Hartblei 80mm f/2.8 SuperRotator hold up?
For this series, the lens was in a neutral position with no tilt and minimal shift (perhaps 1mm).
Note also that because the camera is not orthogonal to the building, the nominal plane of focus cuts slightly askew to the plane of the building front. Hence one cannot expect the same sharpness left to right across the front of the structure. Focus is a bit more forward of the structure at left than at right.
Outbuilding at DeChambeau Ranch
A polarizer was used for these images.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.