EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-25 05:28:01
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Aperture Series: Lundy Canyon Meadow, Pre-Dawn (Nikon D810)
This aperture series from f/1.4 through f/11 shows the remarkable subject separation potential at f/1.4 at 105mm along with the progression in depth of field with stopping down. The subject matter also precisely reveals sharpness and field curvature characteristics across the frame by virtue of the fine grasses.
In addition to the aperture series, a 2-frame focus stacked image at f/9 is included for comparison with f/8 and /f11.
Three full-resolution crops across the entire frame are included at all apertures, at top, center and bottom of the frame, so that insight into the performance can be fully appreciated.
Lundy Canyon Meadow, Pre-Dawn
Adobe Camera Raw 9.7.0 (668): view ACR settings. Camera Profile=Adobe Standard. Diffraction mitigating sharpening used for f/8 and f/9 and f/11. Color balance has been warmed considerably; the canyon shade was quite cool (blue).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Nikon or on Canon or on Pentax.