EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-10-23 21:03:44
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
See also Wildlife at the Beach for more examples.
The images on this page were all shot handheld in one afternoon with the Nikon 200mm f/2 VR on the Nikon D3x at the San Francisco Zoo*.
To make it an extra challenge, I brought along 4 children ages 6-10 with me. That, combined with one of the busiest visitation days of the season, made shooting through fences and avoiding elbows something close enough to real life to count as a serious test! Still, the shooting was/is better than after the feline viewing was mauled by jackass-proofing*.
* At a time before the viewing experience was mauled by a malicious idiot taunting the tiger, for whom justice (as in the law of the jungle aka reality) worked admirably.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.