EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-06-16 22:46:21
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This lens rendering series is at at greater distance than the near-macro range of the sunflower blossom series. Thus it shows more context and gives yet another sense for the feel of the lens when used at very close range.
ACR 8.7 (287): ACR settings, Camera Profile = Camera Standard
So often is heard complaints about vignetting, yet vignetting at full aperture can be a wonderful thing, as here: it brings down the bright areas of the sky so that it is in balance with the more central areas, while focusing viewer attention. Your author prefers some level of vignetting in fast lenses for those effects.
Lens contrast is terrific, and the bokeh qualities are very smooth and pleasant at every aperture and corner to corner. This is a strong and pleasing performance.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.