EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-17 02:31:25
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Here we compare lens performance on a planar (flat) target.
How does the Nikon 35mm f/1.4G stack up to the Zeiss 35mm f/2 Distagon and older Nikon 35mm f/1.4 AI-S? (the new Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 Distagon was not yet available at the time this comparison was made).
It’s important on a target like this to evaluate performance across the frame before reaching a conclusions, not just in one or two particular areas.
The Nikon 35/1.4G had three full series shot, the Zeiss 35/2 and Nikon 35/1.4ais two series, best chosen of each. Little variation was seen among the series.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.