EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-02-18 19:49:26
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
This series shows a reference frame using Live View, along with 3 frames at each of the +2, +4, +6, +8, +10, +12, +14, +16, +18, +20 AF fine focus adjust settings as found in the Nikon D3x.
These tests are with my December 2010 sample lens.
There are multiple flavors of variability in focus:
- Shot-to-shot variation — identical conditions (as here) produce different results each time;
- Distance variation — the same focus adjustment might work well for distance, less well for close up, or vice versa.
- The contrast and color of the subject can influence the accuracy of focus.
This subject was chosen to satisfy the following test requirements:
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.