EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2017-09-19 08:22:51
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
The series looks at sharpness and color correction on subject matter with specular highlights of varying hues from both the lingering blue of late dusk and the garish warmth of night lighting.
Burghers of Calais
Adobe Camera Raw 18.104.22.1689. View ACR Settings. Camera Profile = Adobe Standard. No lens corrections used.
Focus was on the moustache area of the face.
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR delivers an outstanding image wide open. For starters, micro contrast is very high for in-focus areas. Out of focus areas do not develop any meaningful secondary color issues either—see the reflections on the out of focus figure at left. High contrast edges show no color blur.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.