EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-20 20:09:39
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
When I get a new camera, I establish processing parameters, particularly white balance and tint, because these can vary by camera. In fact, the Nikon D850 requires a significantly different white balance than the Nikon D810, at least in Adobe Camera Raw.
This page is extremely interesting as to the value of using ISO 31 vs ISO 64; see the tips.
This test was shot using the Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 APO-Planar. White balance and tint were found to differ from the Nikon 105mm f/1.4E and the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art, mainly in tint, see discussion further down. None of the lenses deliver the same color balance.
ColorChecker chart, ISO 64 vs ISO 31, Nikon D850
Adobe Camera Raw 18.104.22.1680. View ACR Settings. No lens corrections used. No special processing setting used.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.