EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2017-10-22 14:02:29
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
This page will grow as I gain more field experience with the Nikon D850.
The 2.3 megadot rear LCD of the Nikon D850 is a step up from the 1.2 megadots of the Nikon D810. The difference makes fine details stand out better, for easier focusing, and in general I am no longer conscious of LCD pixels which were always a layer of “noise” over the image itself.
When focusing at 100% or 200% this finer pixel pitch of the LCD is a significantly easier to discern small nuances of focus difference, which is critical for a 45MP camera.
Its foldout design is a big plus in some scenarios, but it is simply up/down (does snot rotate out). This is fine with me, because Nikon has designed a very robust looking hinge system.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.