EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-10-18 07:36:17
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
These images were shot the very first day I tried the Nikon D850 Focus shift shooting feature. I did not read the manual (or have it with me). I was up in the mountains and decided to give it a try, expecting so-so result. Instead, it worked so well that I deem it a breakthrough feature: see Nikon D850 'Focus Shift shooting' feature for Easy Focus Stacking.
The results here are extremely exciting: the Nikon D850features automates taking the stack of differentially focused images, minimizing the time required to a level far below what it takes me to do so manually (and without the errors that come with manual focusing).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.