EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2017-11-17 22:15:09
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
The Nikon D850 offers a focus stepping feature, which Nikon calls optical focus shift., an extraordinarily poor choice of terminology, given given the confusion it will cause with
Focus stepping automates the taking of a specified number of images based on a several factors that control the step width. The resulting images are ideal for focus stacking. In fact they are better suited to focus stacking that what I can do manually because the images are (a) taken as rapidly as possible thus minimizing changes in the scene and saving time, and (b) there is much less chance of an error in making a step too wide as I’ve done on more than one occasion with manually focusing for focus stacking.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.