EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-07-23 06:16:38
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
This page will grow as I gain more field experience with the Nikon D850.
Settings for the Nikon D850
This settings file NCSETUPM.BIN contains the settings I use for my field shooting. To use it:
- Download NCSETUPM.BIN.zip,.
- Expand the zip to NCSETUPM.BIN (if your web browser has not already done so).
- Copy NCSETUPM.BIN to the top level of a camera storage card.
- Load the settings using
The toolbar menu is the 5th one down; it looks like a wrench. .
CAUTION: loading a settings may overwrite things like copyright and so on; you may have to redo such items after loading these settings (or settings from anywhere, in general).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.