EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-26 02:52:31
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
The differences shown can be subtle in some cases. Viewing the images using a low quality display or difficult lighting, a display that has not been calibrated or profiled, a browser that is not color-space aware, etc all will work against you.
Comments are always based on the 16-bit TIF files viewed in Adobe Photoshop CS4 (using an 30" Apple Cinema Display). Readers with advanced hardware that can display the full AdobeRGB color space might see additional differences that I was not able to discern.
I’ve carefully examined the images on my system in uncompressed form, and taken care to provide them in a form which is not distinguishable from the original by eye, at least on my system. I’ve also checked that there are de minimus differences between originals and the JPEGs by using the Photoshop “Difference” calculation.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Firefox 3 Add-ons window showing the Color Management plugin