EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-04-20 10:29:15
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
This far distance aperture series shows the full performance range of the Pentax HD D FA 24-70mm f/2.8 SDM ED WR at 63mm from f/2.8 through f/11 using pixel shift on the Pentax K-1 II. Detail rendition is just stunning with a little stopping down.
A scene like this is extremely demanding for any lens revealing the slightest weakness or asymmetry. When a lens delivers under these conditions, it’s a keeper.
Snowy Landscape at Dusk, White Mountain Road
Adobe Camera Raw 220.127.116.11. View ACR Settings. Camera Profile = Adobe Color. Trace amounts of lateral chromatic aberration corrected. Diffraction mitigating sharpening at f/9 (minimal) and f/11 (low). The light was extremely blue (about 24000°K) and has been partly corrected.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.