EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-09-19 00:14:36
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Like the Pentax K3 II, the Pentax K1 pixel Super Resolution mode delivers full RGB color per pixel, in one huge DNG or PEF file.
The K-1 uses the latest super-resolution technology, which captures four images of the same scene by shifting the image sensor by a single pixel for each image, and then synthesizes them into a single composite image.
According to the Pentax K1 specifications, the K1 uses “Electronic shutter when using Pixel Shift Resolution”.
Update Sept 2016: Pentax firmware update adds EFC shutter option for single exposures.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.